Monday, June 30, 2014

Monday Made It: NGSS

To keep me motivated to blog more often, I'm linking up with some new amazing Linky Parties! Today I am linking up with Tara over at 4th Grade Frolics for her Monday Made It!
I'm having a really hard time believing that June is almost over...I'm excited for all of the 4th of July festivities that are coming up, but my summer seems to be slipping away too quickly!

My first Made It is a set of cards for the Next generation Science Standards. When I am able to get back into my classroom in August, one of my top priorities is to create a large tree on one bulletin board for the Cross Cutting Concepts and Scientific Practices within NGSS. I've had ideas of creating a large tree, with the practices in the trunk, and the cross cutting concepts in the branches...but not sure yet. For now, I just wanted to make the cards themselves. I put the file on my Teachers pay Teachers page, and you can find that HERE. Below are two images from the document. The orange cards are Scientific Processes, the green are Cross-Cutting Concepts. 




The powerpoint file in TpT is completely editable, so you can change the colors easily, or even edit the words and use them for another purpose. 

No comments:

Post a Comment